Leylandii for burning?

if you get it planked, its worth a fair bit. If split already, burn it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

here i get 6-9" a year. about the same as oak.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, where are you, and have you got photos?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

So maybe the leylandii's not for burning, but the yew is for turning? Didn't MH Thatcher have a shorter version?

Reply to
Rod

Otherwise known as getting wood ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Blimey, only once a year? I keep getting e-mail asking if I'd like some pills to fix that, want me to redirect them to you?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

She's been out of her tree for years.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

For several of ponds, not a very big bit. Enough to make a small bowl or big cup, perhaps.

Nah, you know you want me to have it for making a gunstock, and turning/carving the rest, don't you?

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

Burn the witch?

D&RFC

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

Starts nicely, but rarely gets its second wind.

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

I am in North Yorkshire, no photos at present but can do tomorrow.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Te he.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

it burns fast and hot, but you must let it dry for at least a year from the time you cut it down

Reply to
guest133

In message <1690f0d6e86011dc$2$2193376$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com>, guest133 snipped-for-privacy@example.com writes

Given that the question was asked in Jan 2010, it is probably dry enough by now :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Depends where it was stored grin.

I found that most of the conifers produce some foul smelling gasses when burned. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa