Topped Leylandii by mistake

Hi

When I planted some five foot Leylandii last year I took off about six inches off the top ie the growing tip because I thought it might help establish them better.Now twelve months on they are growing outwards but are flat topped with no or no discernible vertical growth.Will they grow vertically or have I made a big mistake as I wanted them to grow quickly and keep them at about eight feet.

OOPS!

Regards

Paul

Reply to