LET AIR IN KEEP CATS OUT

I have a large Oasis plastic greenhouse,B&Q.It has the sliding door but my

2 parrots go in there on nice days with the door and window open.The neighbour has now got a very friendly kitten and I need to get something fixed up so I can get in & out easy but cant let the kitten in Thought of an inside door or something but how to attach it,or has someone got any better ideas .
Reply to
svmsbb

Our hens live in the greenhouse in winter (although free to range in the garden if they want to with the door open).

In summer I like to keep the door open and the hens (and local cats) out so I prop a panel of square mesh plastic fencing against the open door. It's only about 3' high but prevents the hens going in. Something like that would give your birds access.

A piece of glass (we have a collection of old windscreens!) or perspex would have the same effect.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My Dad has a couple of sheds with birds in and leaves the doors open, but slides a secondary door over the door hole. This door is like a picture frame full door hieght and wodth with chicken wire attached to it. Very cheap and light just a rough old frame of 2X1 wood. No special sliding mechanism just kicks it into place. Not the prettiest of jobs but keeps 4 cats out of the sheds.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Reply to
svmsbb

I want something that lets cats in but keeps air out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try a microwave.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

A cat flap on a spacesuit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon