laying mains cable in the attic

Is it OK to install a cable tray to the struts / joists for mains cable, as I don't want it under the floor, or can I just clip it to the joists / struts? Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

Yes. However, if you are going between joists, I would fix a piece of timber along the path and clip the cable to that. (Cable tray is rather OTT for a domestic installation.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

| In article , | "Jon" writes: | > Is it OK to install a cable tray to the struts / joists for mains cable, as | | Yes | | > I don't want it under the floor, or can I just clip it to the joists / | > struts? | | Yes. However, if you are going between joists, I would fix a | piece of timber along the path and clip the cable to that. | (Cable tray is rather OTT for a domestic installation.)

Fine if you almost never go in the attic.

It depends how much you use your attic. In the West Riding there are

*many* old houses with attics which were always living rooms. In *living* areas plastic channel from the sheds should be used.

Remember that you may well want to floor your loft in the future, so avoid the tops of joists which you may want to floor in the future.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Why clip the cable?

Reply to