Lava Lamp - snowstorm problem

My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother had shaken her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh). Just leaving it to settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an way to get the blobs to re-form into big blobs again? I thought maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

Have you tried switching it on for a while to melt the blobs of wax together?
Zizz wrote:

Same happened with mine, just left it on a few hours and all was well again
Phil S.

They`re filled with wax and oil I think... what happens when its up to temperature - does the wax still stay "snowflaked" ?

Lavalite website care instructions: Don't Move or Shake your Lava brand motion lamp while the Lava blobs are "WARM"! This will cause your Lava brand motion lamp to become cloudy and permanently malfunction!
and
So you've gone and done it; you've shaken your lava lamp, and what you've got now is a cloudy mess that you can barely see amorphous lumps moving around in. Everyone tells you it's screwed.
I say: Not So!
http://www.angelfire.com/tn/Schieben/lava.html

Link didn't work!

Worked second time round!

It works for me....but you need a lava lamp to read the page...horrible contrast!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
the replacement cartridges are availble from the mathmos web site at about 19.00 each

lava lamp and not one of those cheap imitations. Richard