Laminate Flooring

I wanted to replace the carpet in a spare bedroom with laminate flooring.

I went along to B&Q.

The spare room gets little use and so I didn't want to spend a fortune on expensive flooring. In the end we went for B&Q cheap stuff. It was £90 for the laminate flooring.

What a nightmare to fit. It was horrible to fit and took hours. It's very easy to break the locks on the laminate flooring.

Eventually I got so hacked off with it, I wripped the whole lot up and opted for the more expensive stuff from Quickstep. It was about £70 more expensive.

What a difference! The Quickstep slots together in seconds.

Graham

Reply to
graham

I guess it's a case of "you gets what you pays for"!

I trust that you made a decent job of it by:

  • levelling the subfloor (if it's floorboards) with a layer of hardboard or MDF
  • using suitable foam underlay
  • temporarily removing the skirting boards, and undercutting the doorframe and architrave, so as to hide the expansion gap without using unsightly beading

If so, I hope you're pleased with the result.

Reply to
Set Square