Knocking through to the cavity

I am going to have to install some recessed wall lights that are about

90mm deep. These will be installed in a cavity wall so total wall depth is not a problem. Given how close the 90mm depth of the light is to the 100mm thickness of the inner skin am I likely to encounter any problems if I just chisel out the whole depth of the inner skin thus exposing the cavity? The lights do not fix at the rear so there should be no problem there.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

You might encounter cavity filling of some kind which may tend to drop down if it's the loose kind.

If so, it would be a good idea to come up with a way to keep it out of the way

Reply to
Andy Hall

Definately no cavity filling of any kind. Although good thogut. I might need to do some thing to stop it leaking when I do get around to having the cavities filled.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

The other thing is that if there are any holes etc. on the back of the fitting, it may be an idea to put a dab of silicone sealer on them just to prevent air and dust blowing through. Some cavities have a howling gale blowing through them and you might otherwise get dust and insects coming through.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Talking to yourself is one of the signs of madness

"R" wrote

Not true! That's talking to yourself and expecting reasoned reponse.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Talking to myself? Are you confusing me (Andrew) with Andy Hall?

Reply to
Andrew

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:39:41 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "R" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

No it isn't. Getting a reply is, though.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula