Kitchen sink wanted

Anyone know of good any deals, I need 1.5 bowls in white, plastic or ceramic please ? rhd.

Reply to
Ged McLaren

I think you'll find people here very helpful, but they will probably be much more so if you could indicate what research you've done already and what your chief criteria are.

Reply to
rrh

rrh explained on 10/08/2006 :

I'm looking for one too - nothing fancy, just something cheap and cheerful just for a utility room.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Ebay? Specify location close to you so you can pick it up and avoid P&P

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

You don't want a white plastic one - you will regret it.

Reply to
chris French

Yes. They are surprisingly impractical, much to my surprise. One come with my last house. One of the first DIY things I did to the house was swap with a stainless steel one, as I was spending much more time washing the sink than its contents.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" typed

I had the same experience, and replaced my non-white sink with a nice

1.5 bowl Blanco.

Take a marble with you when you go shopping for a sink to check the drop and drainage of the draining board. It's surprising how badly some boards drain, leaving puddles and subsequuent water stains.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Find someone having a new Kitchen fitted and ask for their old one.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Find someone having a new Kitchen fitted and ask for their old one.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Are aluminium sinks difficult to keep clean and shiny ?

Reply to
Ged McLaren

The message from "Ged McLaren" contains these words:

I've never seen one, but I'd expect them to be completely and utterly useless.

Reply to
Guy King

No idea. However, stainless steel is relatively easy. Ceramic is OK. Plastic is just about impossible.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Very easy to clean with caustic soda.

HLAH

"HLAH" typed

:-)

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply, a stainless steel sink it is then !

Reply to
Ged McLaren

Seconded. Al will discolor permanently at the first hint of any acid - like Coke, Rhubarb, fruit juice..its also not healthy using alkali to clean it either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher