Kitchen Plinth Drawers

Hi, Please could anyone tell me of any companies that sell kithen plinth drawers? (Drawers that fit under kitchen units). I have read an old post that states that Ikea make them, but I don't think they still do.

Thanks for your help, Steve.

Reply to
Steve C

B&Q do a kit

Reply to
TonyK

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

Reply to
Paper2002AD

B and Q for sure, and probably other kitchen sellers (thellers?)

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

IKEA still sell these and I just fitted them into my IKEA kitchen. They work fine, but I had to make a lot of modifications to them to get them to work properly; Some self-tapping screws had to be replaced with nuts and bolts. Under-drawer wheel needed a bit of wood under it to get it to correct height. Plinth material too thick to fit on front of drawer - I had to use a router to shave off a fraction. Whole drawer-front is too high using the pre-drilled holes, so I redrilled the holes higher up to lower the drawer-front.

Another thing, the cabinet legs had to be a particular spacing for the drawer to fit - and the normal way of fitting the cabinets gives a different spacing. I had to ensure that each cabinet had its own set of legs, rather than the alernative where each cabinet shares legs with its neighbour.

Oh, and the drawers only come in 60cm width.

Reply to
rockdoctor

Sounds like one of my typical DIY tasks - and my Better Half thinks everything can be done in 5 mins.

Reply to
Rory

At least I get twice as long, everything in our house is a "ten minute job"!!

John

Reply to
John

Reply to