Kitchen Plinth Light

Her who must be obeyed has been asking about low level plinth lights in the kitchen. So as the things are already in place it needs to be thin. Any suggestions as to reliable thin lights...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

LED tape is the obvious one.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Jimk snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Some kitchens I have seen have them mounted in holes in the plinth. Others have fitted tape to the underneath of the cupboard just in front of the plinth. Plnths are typically only clipped onto the legs.

Reply to
JohnP

Jimk snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:-MKdnR snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

JohnP

Just tell her that only swingers have plinth lights (and hot tubs).

Reply to
ARW

It's an easy job!

sure I would tape it in place - it's bound to fall down. Maybe a few bent over nails, but still, plug it in, voila! You can have disco lights if you want. TW

Reply to
TimW

Something like this:

glued to the top of the plinth with LED tape inside. That way the whole lot comes of with the plinth and the light is thrown further than if it was on the underside of the units.

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew <andrew_d snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:rj8r6d$4oq$1@dont- email.me:

Depends if you want it "thrown" or to create a downwash.

Reply to
JohnP

The couple of times I've used this type of LED strip the double sided tape on the back has been the weak point. It may stick and stay on a horizontal surface but I've found on vertical surface or where taken around a rounded corner the strips comes away after a relatively short time. Luckily for my two applications the strip wasn't visible so a cosmetically perfect fix wasn't important. I used a heavy duty double sided sticky foam strip designed for sticking car trim for one fix. I used hot melt glue for another fix.

I note of some cheap light fittings that I have that use LED strips there is a mechanical fixing method, possibly backing up a double sided tape fixing.

Reply to
alan_m

"Thin"? Where are you going to mount them?

Reply to
Jimk

Yerssss.....

Reply to
Jimk

?

Guess we'll have to wait for the op ....

Reply to
Jimk

I got some from E-Bay. Sticks fine. Wife is happy..

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

No big deal to add a plinth to the bottom of the cupboards to hide lights. I did this ages ago to hide standard size florries. Tubes with separate ballasts. LEDs should be easier.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News