Kitchen hinges with 40mm holes

The doors which go in front of my fridge and freezer have over time come off - the screws have pulled out of the chipboard.

Reason for this is that the doors have 40mm diameter holes drilled in them. The fitters just slapped standard 35mm hinges into the holes, and as a result the screws were on the edge. These are Blum hinges, part no

70.255 Does anyone know of a source of hinges which will fit snugly in the 40mm holes?

The alternative is to move the hinges up and down, so I bought a 35mm cutter from Wickes yesterday. I would rather not drill any more holes in the doors if I could get away with it though. Any online guides on measuring and fitting door hinges like this?

Reply to
John Hearns

Fill the holes with resin fibreglass,pop hinges in holes and let the resin set before making new screwholes. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stop right there.

The repair is easy and its standard.

Take the doors off, and refit the hinges with car body filler.

You can even retro fit the screws into nice new holes drilled into the setting filler.

My old kitchen had all the screws ripping ut. I spent a wet saturday afternoon taking them all out, filling them with filler and putting them back in. The units did another 7 years.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You beat me to it. Exactly.

"Chemical metal" or "Holts P38" is what you want.

Halfords.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ta. Have done my share of rust hole repairs on old cars in the past, and repairing fibreglass kayaks. Will get a tub of filler and have a go.

Reply to
John Hearns