Keston Celsius 25 - Flue Routing

I'm looking to buy a Keston Celsius 25 with its flexible flue option. Can anyone tell me if there are any problems with routing the plastic flue and air inlet through a midfloor cavity ? The horizontal distance is 3m from the boiler to the outside wall. The distance from the boiler up to the midfloor cavity is 0.7m. The documentation talks about bends and going through cavity walls, but nothing about a midfloor cavity.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart

I should have taken a picture of the one I did like this earlier this year.

In that case there was just enough depth in the ceiling void (we are talking about the same thing?) to get the required slope for the flue pipe. In my case the pipes ran from the boiler along the wall and then in the ceiling void across the room and then out through the wall. I used a Sanicondens unit to pump the condensate out through the same route.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

sounds like the same thing. The void is 240mm, so there should be plenty of upwards slope for a 50mm pipe over the 3m run. The floor joists are also running in the right (same) direction to make routing easier. There is a sink drain nearby for the condensate drainage, so I don't need to pump upwards. The boiler move is part of some extension work and by running the flue through the mid-floor, I can have the boiler in the utility room rather than in the kitchen. This also has the benefit of moving the flue gases out of the side of the house, rather than out near a patio area.

Regards, Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart

I would use the term possible. There is no way that you can cut ordinary joists with 60mm holes and comply with building regs.

There is a sink drain nearby for the condensate drainage, so I

Have you got your 2.5m to the property boundary to keep the OPDM happy? So that your neighbours don't get upset.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

probably wasn't clear with my last post. The floor joists don't need cut as they run in the same direction that the pipes will. Only the kit binder (timber frame house) on the outside wall will need holes cut through.

Luckily, there's 2.5m between my house and the separating fence before the neighbours.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart