Kenwood VC5000 vacuum cleaner

Anyone successfully removed the cover from one of these?

Although several years old, it was new and unused until recently. Used a couple of times without problem but now dead to the world. Meter shows it is O/C across plug L/N. Fuse OK. So could be thermal cut-out not reset, switch faulty, or motor itself.

Two pozi screws removed from top. One underneath removed with a 12cm screwdriver. There seems to be another screw on the other side even further down a 5mm-diameter tube. But not possible to see if it is pozi, hex, or even torx. Can't reach it with any of my screwdrivers.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Dear Jeff Am having the same problem with my VC 5000. Did you manage to discover the type of screw? Regards Clive

Reply to
Clive Baxter

Afraid not. As it was one of several vacuum cleaners "inherited" at the time, I just scrapped it as I didn't have the time to pursue the problem.

Even if you could identify the screw head, and reach it, there is no guarantee you'd be able to remove it. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago with an old B&D jigsaw. The body was held together by 8 pozi-headed self-tapper screws, all reachable with a screwdriver. But /all/ were superglued in!

Reply to
Jeff Layman