IP55 Outdoor box for lights, timers etc.

Looking at outdoor boxes which will hold the end of an extension lead (say

4 sockets) which is water proof(ish) to IP55 and has enough space to fit a timer switch onto the extension and a plug into the timer switch.

Can be used for outdoor coloured lights and the like.

I did something similar years ago with a plastic storage box with clip on lid (thus watertight) and holes bored in the bottom through which you could just squeeze a flex (so watertight) sitting on two bricks under a hedge with another brick on top.

Very DIY but worked through all seasons powering overhead lights and a pond heater, lights and pump.

I see DRi boxes in the CPC catalogue which do much the same thing.

Does anyone use these, and have any recommendations for make and size?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

David.WE.Roberts :

I used a EN81302 from CPC and it seems to be fine. Strangely there were no caps to go over the mounting screw heads, but four blobs of sealant fixed that. I suspect that if your cables all enter from below, careful sealing is unnecessary - in fact it would stop any condensation draining away. But I'm no expert.

Reply to
Mike Barnes