Internet souce for UPVC windows please

Anyone know a good source for UPVC windows on the net?

Supply only.

TIA Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply

Reply to
Kalico

stuart noble

I'm very happy with my Screwfix one. They only supply stock sizes, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

People have previously recommended

I can't vouch for them myself, though, I wouldn't dream of allowing new uPVC windows anywhere near my property.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Why not?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

It would not be appropriate for an Edwardian period property. uPVC is better left for modern hutches.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I certainly wouldn't purchase UPVC windows and doors off the net either. I like to see what I am getting

-- troubleinstore Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap Personal mail can be sent via website.

my auction items on eBay & eBid:-

troubleinstore

All I can say is the Screwfix window and patio doors I bought look to me to be the equal - at the very least - of the offerings from the national 'names'. And much better than most, despite the modest price.

Of course they're stock sizes, but this forced me to do some minor brickwork etc mods to fit it properly. I've seen 'pro' installations - presumably custom made - where they've used some form of PVC infill both inside and out. At least mine looks like it really was custom made by the end job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fine at back and sides of older houses.

They all look the same to me

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , stuart noble >either. I like to see what I am getting

They're not when you look closely and try them. As you do with others after buying your first. I've seen several patio doors I'd describe as downright flimsy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"stuart noble" >like to see what I am getting

For what it's worth you could have a look at these, be warned every DG site you log onto you'll receive a phone call follow up. We spent ages going reading up and listening to salesmen of varying degrees of obnoxiousness and finished up buying nothing, it all looked so damn ugly, it seems to be all plastic frame and so little glass. By the way a friendly 'estate agent' says DG adds nothing to sale value but is a selling point.

Philip Wagstaff

"Philip Wagstaff" wrote l | By the way a friendly 'estate agent' says | DG adds nothing to sale value but is a selling point.

That's optimistic. On some properties plastic windows can knock thousands off the value. Many buyers like Original Feechers.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

friendly 'estate agent' says

It can add value, it depends on the property.

I've just got a quote from U-fit as well. No one on this NG has slated the quality, only some problems with service so I'm tempted by their quote.

I can't find anything on Wembley Windows (London based) on the net. They seem like a decent outfit (Established 25 yrs) but the quote is £2800 for 3 windows including fitting while U-Fit's is half that price without installation.

Reply to
StealthUK

I've never understood the distinction, unless you define "selling point" to be something that affects the value less than several thousand.

In any case, uPVC DG will affect the value very differently. On a 1980s house, it will increase value (as the new purchaser will have to replace the SG). On a 1910s one it is a serious knockback (as the purchaser will have to replace with wooden sashes or suffer opprobrium from neighbours).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle