Injection fixing question

I'm about to use Injection fixing to fix some M10 studs to a lightweight block wall. The instructions don't suggest how big the hole should be ?

10mm, 12mm, bigger ??

TIA Chris

Reply to
Chris and Patsy

didnt think it mattered especially. Bigger hole means more resin used of course. Both block and resin have enough strength, and the bond between the 2 is good, so...

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Chris, I'm not sure about injection fixings, but glass phial type resin anchors (with a limited amount of resin) need holes 2mm larger than the nominal stud size - M10 studs require a 12mm drill.

Are you fixing anything heavy or vibrating? Aerated blockwork is pretty weak - for instance the drop down arms and grab rails in disabled toilets don't stay fixed for too long. You might do well to ring the Thermalite technical advice line on 08705 626500 and tell them what you want to do.

Peter Taylor

thanks all, found manufacturers website after much searching. I ordered Fischer resin from Screwfix but what arrived was labelled Metofix. Found the Chemfix website

they seem to make Metofix ! Anyway, they have plenty of useful technical info on their products including a table of hole sizes against anchor size and yes 2mm bigger is correct !

thanks again Chris

PS latest Screwfix order arrived over three days in four separate packages ! Oh and there was one mistake so another package is on its way. Is five packages for one order a record ? Must have cost them all their profit in delivery costs and the five catalogues they have sent.

Reply to
Chris and Patsy