inexpensive or cheap cedar cladding ?

does anyone have any idea where cheap cedar cladding can be obtained ? online or offline, not too bothered but online with pricing would be advantageous.

thanks

Reply to
.

Wickes are pretty good, not online though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

wickes do cedar cladding ?

Reply to
.

The house on last week's Grand Designs had them IIRC.

A search on channel 4 website should list all their suppliers (it was a company in the south of England I seem to remember).

Sorry, too lazy to search myself...

Reply to
JoeJoe

So who's this then?

Me here

I've had a quote of £8.10 plm for 1st grade but I can't get a quote /or/ and estimate for 2nd grade (knotty) cedar, everyone wants to upsell me but as it's a reurb, it's not worth it.

Reply to
.

there's no products there. never has been, never will be.

Reply to
.

Just don't get softwood cladding like the s**te they put all over the first floor of my house almost 30 years ago.

It's a right pain in the arse! Every 4-5 years it means staining half the house and replacing rotten boards and it's a job that only ever gets harder as you get older.

Reply to
RedOnRed

this is for a refurb and it will be gone in a few months.

I'm seriously considering basic T&G.

Reply to
.

The message from "." contains these words:

There's some on eBay for half that.

Reply to
Guy King

If it's going to be painted white, what about uPVC cladding - looks the same from a distance... No idea how much though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

/white/ ? probably stained blue, yellow, orange, anything but white !

Reply to
.

linq ?

Reply to
.

The message from "." contains these words:

Er - go to ebay and search for cedar!

but since you're being idle...

Guy King

When I got 150 linear metres of softwood cladding made up by a joinery manufacturer about 6 years ago, it was about £2.50 a metre and that included kiln treatment, manufacture and delivery.

Reply to
RedOnRed

The message from "RedOnRed" contains these words:

Cedar costs rather more than that.

Reply to
Guy King

thanks anyway.

Reply to
.

I think I'm going to end up using treated softwood.

Reply to
.

Welcome to a lifetime of softwood treatment drudgery.

Reply to
RedOnRed

it's a refurb. it will be gone in 6 months ;-)

will post photos in due course.

Reply to
.