Indoor diy barbeques

If you go to a Turkish/Middle Eastern supermarket in London (or elsewhere), there will be metal contraptions meant for grilling kebabs over charcoal.

Just make certain to have good ventilation if using coals. No idea if they will work over a hob though.

Reply to
Arri London

'cause an open fire doesn't produce much if any CO. The smoke and other combustion products will get you though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Just be careful! Attempts at indoor BBQ tend to produce Carbon Monoxide gas.

It's a good way to commit suicide.

Reply to
Omelet

Reply to
Omelet

This works well for me. I don't have this exact one, but I do have something similar:

Or:

I've been using an indoor electric grill regularly now for years. I LOVE the thing. One of my favorite appliances for cooking meat and some veggies. Neater and less messy than frying and gives satisfactory results. Many pics I've taken of food with grill marks comes from one of these.

Reply to
Omelet

Some years ago; in order to try and stay warm an elderly couple operated their bar-b-q inside their fairly well sealed up North American house during a power failure. It used up all the oxygen and they were found dead.

Reply to
terry

Gets 'em in the lungs ................... ! Been mentioned as health concern/risk elsewhere when indoor cookong over smoky fires involved. Also tepees etc. have/had a bl**dy great hole at the top where the poles stick out!

Reply to
terry

Unless somebody lives somewhere really sealed up, like underwater, it's pretty hard to use up the oxygen. As Om posted above, it's generally carbon monoxide poisoning.

Reply to
Dan Abel

Note that the OP *did* *not* mention charcoal. For all you folks suggesting that carbon monoxide is a concern, you have a point *if* the contraption uses charcoal, but what I *think* the OP may have meant is some type of ceramic heat sink material that absorbs heat from the regular stove top burner and then acts like the volcanic rock in traditional outdoor gas grills. The heated surface catches dripping fats and juices which then vaporaize and that flavors the meat. So, maybe not as dangerous as everyone seems to be assuming.

On the other hand, since the OP has not clarified what he's talking about, it may have just been a drive-by trolling.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

How many more does that leave ?

Reply to
geoff

because the topic might seem unsual or 'off the wall' to you Bill, its still not very nice to be so readily accused of trolling

Reply to
sam coleridge

Sam, you weren't either 'readily' or 'accused' of doing a troll. It was mentioned as being among a list of possibilities for a post to which you would not further clarify when concerns about carbon monoxide was raised.

It IS one method of operation for a troll to drop a controversial topic into usenet and leave it there for the masses to wrestle with.

Reply to
Dave Bugg