Indoor diy barbeques

In the far east recently I saw tiny barbeques about ten inches square, the base being made from what i think was some kind of clay and had a stainless steel rack to sit on the top.

They could easily be placed on a kitchen hob, so that you could have an indoor barbi.

They were too heavy to bring one home. I'm wondering if anyone has seen them for sale in the u.k.?

Or if anybody had adapted anything to make a miniature barbeque that one could use indoors in the kitchen placed on the gas hob?

Reply to
sam coleridge

One of the reasons for not having indoor barbies is that burning charcoal can produce carbon monoxide which is somewhat poisonous.

Reply to
Rod

If you want to use your cooker fan extractor hood then buy a "Piramid" (maybe Pyramid) barbeque and place it overthe hob. We have had one for years and they are superb. Quite expensive but have long guarantee.

Reply to
Stewart

Oh yes, make it an obligatory celebratory occasion by order of the Queen that every UKer light their indoor charcoal burner at midnight of New Years Eve and crawl into bed... get rid of all yoose stench breathed rotted teeth brit bastards in one fell swoop! Ahahahahahahaha. . . .

Reply to
brooklyn1

Awwwwwwwww come on now SHELDUMB! You know you would miss me:))

Reply to
Ophelia

If by barbeque you mean something that burns charcoal, there's a couple of things to beware of. First, charcoal fires produce carbon monoxide, which can be deadly. Second, a charcoal fire consumes oxygen, and in an enclosed room the oxygen can be depleted below the concentration necessary to sustain human life. In the US, about 25 people are killed each year from burning charcoal indoors. See for instance

or

Lou

Most days are OK to use charcoal outside. I do it all the time here in south western Ontario Canada. Every month of the year. You don't need to be inside. Except for to eat.

Reply to
garden-variety dick

In message , sam coleridge writes

Have you never noticed the amount of smoke and burning fat generated by a BBQ ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Lou writes

That's the most positive reason for indoor BBQs I've come across yet

Reply to
geoff

Sounds similar to a hibachi; to avoid the carbon monoxide issue, there are electric versions for tabletom use:

more are just a search away...

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Would that be why we use them outside Geoff?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sounds to me like the little grills used for Korean bulgogi, though he did say square, and hibachis are usually square while the Korean bulgogi grill is usually round. They are usually used indoors, under a hood.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

Consider that lethal exposure is 800 Parts Per Million for two hours, maximum permissible is 30 PPM, and the recommended level is zero. I'd say it is more than somewhat poisonous.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

Err yes - did you miss the point ?

Reply to
geoff

the

midnight

stench

A redident troll is a resient troll, LOL, and Shelly's really good at that

Reply to
ViLco

Reply to
Ophelia

In message , Tony Sivori writes

So, why didn't (for want of a better description) ancient cultures who would have a naked fire in the middle of their teepee, hut or hall all die of CO poisioning then ?

Reply to
geoff

Humans did die from combustion products (not just CO, but also long term smoke inhalation) until the chimney was perfected. In parts of the world where chimneys are still not used, it still regularly happens. (The body does recover from periodic mild CO exposure, but the smoke exposure is a bit more cumulative, and gets them in the end.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No, just wanted confirmation that my 4 burner BBQ which generates large quantities of smoke and burning fat should be used outside.

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Unless you're a septic ...Yes