Ikea contact

Somewhat OT, but hopefully someone can help...

I am looking for the contact details (snail mail, or better still, fax number) of Ikea head office.

I received an appalling service at their Glasgow shop, and despite sending two letters now, they simply chose to ignore them. Heard similar stories from others - including a relative who broke a toe when a box fell from a self on him out of the blue. He is not one to pursue things like that, and only got annoyed when they failed to even acknowledge receiving his letter alerting them to the potential risk. The courts awarded him £6000...

Their products are relatively cheap (well 40% cheaper in France/Germany...), but I do not believe that this merits bad service.

Cheers.

Reply to
JoeJoe

IIRC the Warrington store is the UK head office. I don`t have a number for them, but its a starting point.

They vary their prices depending on the affluence of the area they`re in.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I complained to Ikea after I wasted a 120 mile round trip and a great amount of time to collect something specific that I had checked was in stock at that branch, but in reality wasn't and hadn't been for some time.

That was the second time that a situation like that had happened to me.

I eventually got some sort of reply, but it was patronising to the point of being utterly insulting.

When I complained to their head office, they merely added to the patronising tone. It was a complete wast of time and it's a company that I now try to avoid.

Reply to
Roly

I am not holding my breath - but merely building a case prior to a visit to the small claims court. Works a treat with such lot from past experience.

Reply to
JoeJoe

"BUTPLUG"thekellyhouse.plus.comremove "BUT PLUG" to reply ;-)

Reply to