Identify this electrical fitting

This is a screw down fitting to to take a lead out of a hole in a flat surface.

Anybody know what they are called, I need to get a replacement. Tried looking at Maplin and a few other sites ... with no luck so far.

Rick Hughes

Not exactly that, but might do the job

David Lang

They call it a Brick Burst cover plate here, alternatively a Roman nose cover plate. Drill your own holes? No size given.

Chris Hogg

Shows a "cable entry cover" - perhaps larger than what you want.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Looks like a perfect excuse to buy a 3-D printer!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Looking at the item (and given all the dimensions) I'd be reasonably happy designing most of it in Sketchup (and printing it in black PLA [1]) but I don't know how to duplicate the design where the exit 'tunnel' shape blends back into the base with curve in both dimensions? ;-(

I could certainly do it with a square section 'tunnel' and say a 45 Deg 'slope' from the top of the tunnel to the base ... or a rounded tunnel with a flat end?

If Rick wanted provide the dimensions (to whatever accuracy he needs) and anyone knows how to turn such into a .stl I'd be happy (in the spirit of diy and as a group experiment ) to print it and stick it in the post. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] I believe PLA would certainly be tough enough but I have no idea how long it would last if exposed to the elements or if it was supposed to conform to any combustibility (or self-extinguishing) requirements.
Reply to
T i m

On 02 Jan 2016, Rick Hughes grunted:

I've never tried using it myself so I may be way off beam, but could the original be repaired by casting with that cold liquid metal stuff?

Reply to
Lobster

I'd try using it as-is, with a mudguard washer. Could bend the hanging edge of the mudguard washer over to make up for missing material if necessary. Fit one over the other hole too, to minimise chance of same thing happening on other side.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

This site calls similar devices cable hole tidy

Chris B

Can't find a direct replacement. If you can get access behind it to fit a backnut, this search

seems to turn up some possible alternatives, they all protrude further, but that's more bend-radius friendly ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That was my thought as well but decided it was too much of a bodge but if it's not on show... A mudguard/penny washer will be a tad large as the whole thing is only 35 mm wide. B-)

Ordinary washers would do.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That looks like a door cable loop end as used by automatic doors etc. Google produces a good few results for that description. HTH

Reply to
Jim White

It's nylon not metal ... and I think metal to nylon stick-on piece won't hold

Reply to
rick

I found a typical description and links on Google:

No supplier though

Reply to
rick

I found it! In this video by HawkEye fish-finders and depth-sounders of how to install a transducer:

The mounting kit is shown, including your cable cover. Unfortunately the HawkEye website shows that the cable cover is now a different shape. To get one, you would have to buy the complete transducer mounting kit 'Airmar® P23 Transom Mount Transducer Bracket Kit'
at $19.99. They claim free shipping but I suspect this is just in USA.

The Airmar European distributors email is snipped-for-privacy@airmar-emea.com

Dave W

Reply to
Dave W