Identify Pressure washer fitting

I have an old KEW Hobby 88 pressure washer

A few years back lent it to a friend, came back with broken female fitting ... as KEW are no more replaced the hose. The company Valetech (Manchester) provided the hose with a KEW fitting on the end, and a new extension lance with a quick fit fitting different to KEW, looks much more professional ... with ball bearing lock quick fit. (Valetech seem to be no more.)

I want to use another item with the pressure washer ... so need to specify what male fitting needs to be on their kit ( or use an adapter)

Anybody recognise this type of fitting, assuming they must be a standard type .. Valetch were a reseller not a manufacturer.

rick

No answer to your question (but interested in any replies) but isn't it frustrating when you lend things to people and they come back broken. ;-(

I leant my Kew Hobby PW to a 'good mate' on the *strict* instructions he looked after, didn't let his kids play with it as I didn't generally lend it to anyone.

Long short, it came back broken (damaged under tray where the mains cable had been ripped out) and I eventually forced out of him that it got broken when he was 'mucking about', spraying water at the kids and one of them had tripped over the cable. ;-(

He didn't want to pay the £45 quid or whatever it was at the time for a new tray as 'you could get a new (cheap / s*1t) pressure washer for similar'.

I didn't force him to replace it (and repaired it myself) but learned the lesson of 'Never a lender or borrower be'. Unless you can trust the 'if you break it you buy it' would be understood, even if unsaid.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I can't imagine not either paying for the repair or a replacement if I broke something I'd borrowed.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Quite.

I borrowed a mates spare (and only borrowed it because it was a spare) windscreen wiper puller (one of the few times I have borrowed anything) because I needed to do something urgently ... then misplaced it (it was put in a toolbox by someone else and then got buried by other tools). So, I bought him a new - better one ... then found his of course. ;-)

I offered him his old one back but he was happy for me to keep it as the replacement was 'better'. ;-)

There are limits though. Years ago I leant a mate a pin hammer and he got some paint on it so bought be a new one. ;-(

I left a mains lead on site where I was helping a mate and he then used it to run a wallpaper steamer. I got the lead back but covered in bits of stuck on wallpaper that took quite a while to clean up. ;-(

At least he treated me to a curry. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I've never heard of one of those, what have I been missing ;-)

Seriously, some can be a bit 'snug'.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Sometimes you do end up needing some weird tools for the simplest of things.

They can indeed ... but a spray of Plus Gas a couple of days before if you get the chance plus applying some tension with the puller then giving it a smart tap normally shifts em. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

More-or-less the method I use.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Bloke next door borrowed my very ancient german made pressure washer and I told him to be careful of the inlet water connection as it is in a vulnerable position,He broke it and kept quiet till he got in touch with Germany and found they still had spares then he imported a new one and fixed it, then told me.

Reply to
FMurtz

There seems to be simillar fittings at

Richard

I've bought custom hoses from Q-washers on eBay, they have a variety of coupler types, if you can identify from what you need ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It does make you wonder if these people actually listen to such advice and warnings?

That was fair enough I guess.

TBF my mate did look into repairing it without telling me (I wondered why there was a delay getting it back) but didn't 'do the right thing' and fixing it at any (reasonable) cost.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m