Hozelock conundrum

What I need is either a "double female" connector (which would be the opposite of the "double male" ones, and definitely not the 'hoze repair' item), or alternatively a threaded-tap-to-female connector.

There are thousands of threaded-tap-to-male connectors, and adding the "double female" to that would create the threaded-tap-to-female function.

I can't find these anywhere; the best, but very messy, workaround being a pair of back-to-back hose-to-female connectors (and a two-inch hose).

[Not worried if it's an official yellow-and-four-times-the-price one, or a plug-compatible in green/blue/whatever.]
Reply to
Roland Perry

I thought a hose repair was double female fitting. Guess I don't understand the question.

mark

Reply to
mark

Are you saying your hose has a male fitting on the end ? Why not change it?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

From memory they nearly all leak or fall apart in a year in any case. How on earth is it that tis simple device can be such a heap of crap?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't know what you are trying to achieve but would suggest that there is bound to be a more elegant solution. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Check out the "brass socket" half way down this page

Tap connectors are half inch BSP (I think)

Reply to
newshound

fairly sure I've GOT a double female somewhere..standard hozelock.

easy enough to make wit a short bit of hose and two females

here is a threaded female In brass..

The Natural Philosopher

In message , at

16:05:28 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, mark remarked:

No, a hose repair is hose to hose.

Contrast that with what you often put on the end of a hose: a hose to female.

What I want is a female to female.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:24:49 on Wed, 26 Jun

2013, Brian Gaff remarked:

Nothing like as bad as that.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:50:40 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Nick remarked:

I'm trying to go from a threaded tap to connector welded onto a hose that screws onto a threaded tap, but with a hoselock in the middle.

The most elegant seems to be:

Screw tap to male Female to female Male to screw-that-fits-the-hose (the latter sometimes called an appliance connector).

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

16:15:25 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Andy Cap remarked:

In a sense - the hose has a screw connector that fits directly onto the tap. But the mission is to make it click-connect.

I can't change the fitting on the end of the hose because it's a fancy 'flat' hose where the current connector is welded on. All I can do is screw in a fitting that turns it into a hose with a male on the end.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

17:01:35 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, newshound remarked:

No, that's a screw connector, not a Hozelock.

What I need is something with a pair of the *bottom* half of this:

(A hose connector, which I don't want, has a pair of the top half).

The inelegant solution is to buy two of these, and put very short length of hose between them; but in the final assembly that's four connectors one after the other, and I'd really rather do it with fewer.

Reply to
Roland Perry

A quick scan through google images would suggest that such a beast doesn't exist.

Do you really *need* one or just want one? Most folk seem to manage without by arranging the polarity of their hose ends in such a way that the requirement doesn't arise.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Um, what's wrong with one of these?

Screw on to hose, fit male nozzle to tap & Bob's your father's brother.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Wouldn't a "screw tap to male" and one of

screwed on the hose do? Sounds like it's designed to fit a flat hose...

Assuming that's the correct thread anyway.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

In message , at 21:23:13 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Tim+ remarked:

I'm trying to make it look as neat as possible

I have explained why I can't change the polarity at the hose end, but I suppose if there was a threaded-tap to female-hozelock connector available I could use one of those. But I couldn't find one of those either.

Reply to
Roland Perry

And for anyone who has the opposite problem

turns the end of the hose into a male.

And Bobbie is your mother's sister.

So you have all the options required for gender reallocation.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

In message , at 21:32:14 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Tim+ remarked:

Thanks, that will do nicely. (Hadn't seen that combination before).

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , Roland Perry writes

I had one of those - just chopped off the welded on end and fitted it to a normal hozelock connector

Reply to
bert

In message , at 20:43:43 on Wed, 26 Jun 2013, David.WE.Roberts remarked:

Actually, I [and more to the point, local shops)] have one of those. It's the "downstream" half of what I wanted to plug into the double-female connector.

Reply to
Roland Perry