How to teach the kids DIY

You just get them involved and make it fun if it involves me and my brother.

ARW

That looks reminiscent of sending small boys up chimneys in Victorian times.

Reply to
Nightjar

"Nightjar

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Hey - I did exactly that for my uncle in the 70's in his Fulham house, but it was an aerial cable...

I *love* underfloor crawl spaces - every house should have one.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I do hope that the comment "that's plumber's s**te" wasn't literal.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I do hope that the comment "that's plumber's s**te" wasn't literal/q

Sadly that wouldn't surprise me....

Looks like good fun for all though :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Do you always f*ck this and f*ck that in front of little kids?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Adam is a Yorkshireman.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I was 6' tall when I was an apprentice. It was not good fun. Spiders live under the floorboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Mr Pounder

No one said f*ck. There was a bollocks and s**te used. - those words are in the dictionary and they are allowed on Countdown.

Reply to
ARW

I have't watched the video yet, but did you have them do the "hold the other ends for the insulation test" test? Or is there a minimum age for that one?

Reply to
Adam Funk

43 seconds into your last link.
Reply to
Mr Pounder

No taking boards up to lay a cable (and I don't mean that in the Viz sense!)

Reply to
Tim Watts

When I lived in California I had to crawl under the house from time to time to run cables, check the sump pump, etc. Always felt a bit nervous as we were only a couple of miles from the San Andreas fault.

Reply to
Tim Streater

My brother said Chuffing hell.

Reply to
ARW

Yes of course he did. My mistake.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

You're spoiling them. That's a crawl space, it's clean and also warm and dry. Proper training requires a bath afterwards!

Reply to
Capitol

It was good fun - and we could have done the job in half the time if we had not made it good fun for the kids

Reply to
ARW