How to fix a sink down?

I'm fitting a new kitchen and I'm not happy with the method of fixing the sink to the base unit states in the instructions; to put sealant on the underside of the stainless steel sink where it sits on the base unit. It seems to be a bit vulnerable to breaking free and becoming dislodged. Is there a better way of positively fixing it; like by using a clamp or something? I recall some plastic sinks came with pull down clamp screws but I cant find where to buy them separately.

Any thoughts and ideas gratefully received!

Thanks

Mitch

Any s/s sink I have bought has come with screw down clamps that fit to slots in the underside of the sink and clamp on to the worktop adjacent to the sink ,these being tightened down on to whtever seal or sealant you use ..Are you sure you haven't mis-placed them ... Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Whats happened to the old sink fixings?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Every sink I've ever fitted came with them. Check with the supplier.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Silicone will hold it perfectly well - after all there's little forces on on a sink that could cause it to 'break free'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmmm.Should it be weighted down until the silicone sets then ....?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Can't see why. Silicone is a gap filling adhesive rather than a 'contact' type.

I'm not a kitchen fitter but I recently had to remove a sink exactly like this. The only way was to cut through the silicone with a knife blade.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All three bathroom sinks in my house are stuck down with silicone sealer. Since you can pick the vanity units up by the sink, I suspect there's no way they're "breaking free".

Reply to
Huge