How to fit an electric garage door opener

Hi All,

I have just bought a Wessex Lift Boy garage door opener from eBay and after a few hours of googling I can't find out how to fit one of these. I have a retractable fibre glass garage door. I have a few questions if anyone ha s experience with fitting one of these or similar...

  1. The arm seems to screw into the door. There is a thicker section at the top of the middle of the door. Is this reinforced to screw the bracket in to or do I need to do something special to distribute the force?
  2. Anyone know where I would get a wiring diagram to see how to fit the rem ote and connect to the mains?
  3. How do I fit this to the ceiling? Any tips

Thanks in advance for any help

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell