How to Fit a Dishwasher to kitchen tap

hi

I live in a rented place and have been given a slimline dishwasher, the only problem is that there is no plumbing to it. What i was wondering is, is it possible to connect it to the kitchen tap (dont have access to underthe sink plumbing as it is completely sealed) and the waste hose could be placed in the sink (when the dishwasher is working). My concern was how do i fit the cold water supply of the dishwasher to the kitchen sink tap....Is there any adapter ...also if the drainage hose pipe is in the sink....wouldnt gravity stop the water from coming out....meaning there will always be some left in the hose.....Please help as i have searched google with no real results....

Cheerios MS

Reply to
subzerothegreat

It can be done that way. You can get the bits from any garden centre. An adaptor goes onto the tap, and stays on there all the time. Then a hose end connector on the dishwasher inlet hose just clips onto this when you run it. The machine's outlet hose just hooks over the edge of the sink. Dont ever leave the plug in! And yes, theres always some water in that pipe, so a bit of string to stop it dropping to the ground is wise.

Its not an elegant solution, but yes it works ok. It qwould be better if you could get to the cold pipe somewhere - anywhere. You can get vampire connectors that you just screw onto the copper pipe, IIRC you dont even need to turn the water off to do it. These are often used to feed garden taps.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

I agree - I've done it this way in the past. The hoses are a bit of a pain being in the way, but it functions perfectly well.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

many thanks for the solution, but can u please point me to the adapter (as ihave tried searching for it with no luck)....as to what this adapter is called....also if u can provide a link that would be fabulous. also the tap (mixer tap) is square at the end so i am thinking i would need something rubbery to fit on to it......Also there will be a distance between the mixer and the dishwasher so i am thinking of a bucket for the outlet hose.....:)

Reply to
subzerothegreat

Go to garden centre, tell them you want to attach a hose to a tap in such a way that its easily removable. There are 2 versions of these things, one for round taps, one for rectangular.

yes, the adaptors rubbery

May be better to extend it.

Reply to
meow2222

Wouldn't it be easier to move to another flat with a decent landlord who would provide decent facilities?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman