How not to do it!

Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

He said he had spent £20,000 hiring a small excavator to dig out a large area to the side and rear of his home.

Do you not think he deserves everything he gets, and more! £ 20,000 for digger hire! either a gold plated digger or a very slow operator

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

The news said he had bought an excavator for £20000.

Reply to
dennis

The first line of my reply is copied and pasted from the link which was provided in the original post. The News may have stated differently. If you care to look at the link you will see that I am commenting upon what I have read in the supplied link. Thank you

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

Reading between the lines, it looks like he's trying to get some sympathy with this claim...mini diggers don't cost that much to buy

Reply to
Phil L

given in the online report. Digging a hole 2m deep for a shed? Common sense would have made me say to myself 'Nah, that can't be right'.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Fallout bunker? Got the plans for the shed upside down? Somebody in planning dept does not like him?

...or just plain stupid?

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

The Wanderer typed

Tebbut 'common sense' isn't *that* common is it?

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

I agree there are all sorts of plausible hidden agendas on both sides.

Reply to
Ed Sirett