How much does one tip removal men?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:29:26 -0330, "Terry" strung together this:

Nope, tip as in a bit of cash for the lads for a job well done or something like that. Bit like service charge in a restaurant.

Reply to
Lurch

Frequently - over a cliff, preferably! ;-)

You can tell that I wasn't overly impressed with them last time we moved. Pity, if they hadn't been in such a tearing hurry to dump stuff anywhere they jolly well liked, and piss off home, they might have done alright out of it. As it was - zilch, and no return business!

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

tip! what tips do you get?

Reply to
Maurice Hood

you're all being a bit harsh here ;-)

£20 to £30 a head if they've earned it, given you & the family a bit of banter along the way & look suitably knackered from hard work.

remember most of your fee goes to the company they work for - they get practically sod all.

JJ

They don't *have* to do it and I'm sure they get more than minimum.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Ditto, but that was becasue I forgot to tell them we had a piano.

Reply to
Neil Jones

My chappies were magnificent - small local firm - once in a lifetime move of

30 yrs accumulated "collectables".(including piano !) Well worth the £100 they got. Pete
Peter Stockdale

As much as you think they're worth. If they've moved everything withou breakages, or other damage, then show appreciation for this with a larg tip.

If not, or they've shown poor customer service, then reduce or withhol the tip.

Regards, Graha

-- GRC

Reply to
GRC