How many 2.5mm T&E into a 13A socket?

451 F as in Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Which quotes both figures, 450 C and 218 - 246 C (424 - 475 F).

The talk page makes for interesting reading.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

En el artículo , Tim Watts escribió:

_________________ /| /| | | ||__|| | Please do | / O O\__ not feed | / \ the troll | / \ \ ________________| / _ \ \ || / |\____\ \ || / | | | |\____/ || / \|_|_|/ | __|| / / \ |____| || / | | /| | --| | | |// |____ --| * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/ *-- _--\ _ \ // | / _ \\ _ // | / * / \_ /- | - | | * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yes was just about to post a correction to that... must be something about communicating with scotty, that is twice in the same thread now!

Reply to
John Rumm

Twaddle scotty, can you read a graph?:

20A fuse - 40A load - time to blow > 5 mins.

(it won't ever blow at 26A or 30A for that matter)

See if you can work out why that is not a problem.

Reply to
John Rumm

Are they covered in PVC insulation as well?

Do your "bottles of stuff" catch fire?

Is you house built from "bottles of stuff"?

Reply to
John Rumm

Perhaps his anal vibrator goes up to 11?

Reply to
John Rumm

Well from time to time drivel like clones pop up and spout their stuff.

While one might argue there is no need to respond to them at all in some respects (since we know that scotty neither heeds any advice he asks for, or proffers any information of value), there is an opportunity for all of us to learn new stuff as the stream of nonsense often prompts ever more detailed and thorough responses.

For example, just go read some of the IMM vs Andy Hall monster threads, and you can learn lots just from the rebuttles of IMM/Drivel's scotty like outpourings.

Reply to
John Rumm

Erm, in fact its commonly done... (and safely)

Reply to
John Rumm

He said "Fahrenheit" because he thought it sounded better even though he knew it was Celcius.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

Not safe at all. 5A flex, 13A fuse, for some reason the device goes wrong and draws 13A. Flex causes fire.

Reply to
Major Scott

Is the wrong answer...

Now think a bit harder - all the information has been posted for you.

Imagine a table lamp, "3A flex", 13A fuse?

Or look at the IEC power lead in the back of your computer.... plenty of those with 13A fuses - the cable is not 1.5mm^2 though.

Or imagine your appliance used in Germany, 16A MCB at the circuit origin, no fuse in the plug at all, same "less than 13A capable" flex.

Yet it all still works and fails safe, how can that be?

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , John Rumm writes

He's currently infesting uk.railway (posting as "News") but they're getting wise to him, there are fewer and fewer responses to his posts. Rather amusing to see all the "News" dead ends when you view threads in tree form.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Incorrect. The only problem people have with me is I'm not a brainwashed health and safety moronic sheep like the rest of you.

Reply to
Major Scott

Fire concerns me more than electric shock.

Reply to
Major Scott

Sack all the paperpushers.

Reply to
Major Scott

Fuses are great, they don't have a hair trigger.

Reply to
Major Scott

You know what I mean, obviously I can have surges.

The sockets are only tested at 20A.

Reply to
Major Scott

I was going by the name of the film - Fahrenheit 451. Wikipedia quotes your and my figure and just writes "or". Presumably different paper types?

Reply to
Major Scott

The problem is calling something a 6A fuse when it will never blow at 7A. It should, that's why it's called 6A. The 6A fuse in that graph should be called a

9A fuse, as it will blow eventually at 10.
Reply to
Major Scott

The bottles would melt.

Reply to