6mm T&E

Both SF and TS websites show 6mm twin and earth as having solid cores, I thought at that size the phases were stranded and the earth solid? Have they just scaled up a photo of 2.5mm cable?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Probably... its normally 7 strands of about 1.04mm diameter.

Reply to
John Rumm

6mm solid would give you quite a work-out bending the stuff.
Reply to
GB

That's what I thought!

Reply to
Andy Burns

You can bend it quite easily. It's just a bugger to get the cooker switch back into position and fit the face plate screws;-)

Reply to
ARW
6mm wouldn't give you the work out I had with 185mm sectored aluminium on a repair job years ago. 4X185, SOLID SECTORAL CONDUCTORS,XLPE,PVC,SWA,PVC BS5467 1KV Conductor Size (mm2): 185 No Of Cores: 4 Weight(Kg/Km): 5076 Overall Diameter(mm): 51.1 Gland Size: 50
Reply to
Cynic

Even 6 mm^2, which of course is only 2.8 mm diameter.

Reply to
newshound

Damn you for being right once again! I had forgotten it's CSA and I was thinking diameter.

Reply to
GB

Have spent the last three days fitting a new kitchen for my parents, no problem with re-instating/re-locating the cooker point, hence the 6mm^2 question.

While there I discovered that some of their ring circuit cables (1967 built house) have the dreaded "green goo" which also appears to have bleached the outer insulation from grey to white-ish ... it had me searching for the other end of an actual white cable until I realised it wasn't actually white cable.

Reply to
Andy Burns