How do I use the filling loop?

Hi,

My new flat has a Worcester 350 combi. One of the radiators needed bleeding, so I did the honours today and after an enormous amount of air bled through it started working fine.

Soon after, the combi stopped working, and the "low pressure" light came on. I'm hoping there's nothing seriously wrong and the system just needs topping up with water. However I can't figure out how to use the filling loop.

Googling old threads, the filling loop looks just like this:

- a metal pipe with a screw at one end and an allen-key thingy at the other. But what do I do with it? I tried turning the screw and I could hear water gushing but it didn't seem to move the water pressure meter. Should I turn the bolt on the other end as well?

Also, I now seem to have a slow dripping from the "allen-key" end of the loop. Is this bad?

In case it's not obvious, I don't have much of a clue about these things, but would really like hot water without having to call a plumber next week!

Zara

Reply to
Zara

When the system is cold operate the valve again,true you will here water running but be patient,you will see the guage slowly rise. When it gets to around 1bar,shut the valve off. Turn the boiler on and all should be well. If there is a drop from the valve then it may slowly depressurise the system and therefore it needs attention...

joe

Change the 900 to 670 in the return email address to reply

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

See the SealCH FAQ below.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thank you!

It took ages to reach 1 bar but everything's now working fine. I'll get a CORGI guy round next week to sort the drip.

Zara

Reply to
Zara

Hmmm.

My "slow" leak has now got a little faster. Can I stop it by turning the allen-key thingy at the other end of the filling loop? Are we talking half a turn clockwise again?

thanks

Reply to
Zara

Personally, I'd give it a while and see how bad the drip is...

Reply to
Scott