Honeywell v4043 zone valve and manual mode boiler turn on

I suspect the micro switch on my existing Honeywell v4043 zone valve has gone bad.

I have a new Honeywell v4043 motorised zone valve. I was using the valves manual lever to test the existing, it never seems to start the boiler when in the "MAN OPEN" position. Examining the way the manual level works on the new valve I note that the paddle never quite reaches the micro switch.

Is my new valve duff as well? Should manually moving the lever to the "MAN OPEN" position cause the micro switch to be activated and the bolier to fire?

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

No, the manual open is just to open the valve a little to allow filling/draining of the system, the switch should not operate. The switch only operates when the valve is pretty much fully open via the motor.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks. A pity, it would make for easier testing of the system if it did cause the boiler to fire.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Sometimes if you flick them fast enough, the momentum will move them a bit further and close the switch for a second. In my setup, that is enough to turn the pump on for a moment and prove that the switch is working.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker