Homesun Shower Smart freebie....

?Snake oil or do they actually do something useful?

Blurb suggests an inline device to "Regulate Flow".

So how does this differ from turning the taps down then?

Reply to
Londonman

I have something similar on my shower. My shower is a Mira 415 (Pressure Balancing) which has only a temperature control. It was delivering 12 litres / min and the old Combi struggled a bit in the winter. I fitted a similar device and it is now delivering 9 litres/ min and ran hotter in the cold weather.

So it was good for me - also water savings.

However, I accept that if you can manually control the rate of flow then they are not as useful unless you want to set an upper limit to the flow.

Reply to
John

Whatever you do don't fit it to a pumped shower system like I did. (Silly I now know) The system pressurised and blew apart the shower control valve joints. Very messy!

Reply to
chudford

Whatever you do don't fit it to a pumped shower system like I did. (Silly I now know) The system pressurised and blew apart the shower control valve joints. Very messy!

Likewise - not to an Electric shower.

Reply to
John