Home Improvement

We need to have some work done on the house I know this is DIY but wondered if anyone could give me any idea of the kind of price I should expect to pay for the following ( fitted, my husband wont do it)

a) Kitchen units and work tops - one corner unit, two single units , two of those half units and two double wall units. Not looking at expensive units , just ordinary but fitted.

b) a bathroom suite with a shower over and a shower sliding thing on top of the bath. Standard suite and pedestal basin and toilet ( low level) nothing fancy

c) fascias and guttering for a bungalow which is detached and had four sides.

d) two doors and double glazing in 7 windows. The windows are not small - 5 of them are 50 ins x about 84 ins ( I ran out of tape measure on a six foot tape and had to estimate the last few inches)

Thanks.

Reply to
whiskeyomega

More details and sizes required. £750-1000 I'd estimate.

Again, more details, supply and fit, or just fit? What shower? £1000 would cover it if it is simple.Add in new pipework, electrics etc and it'd reach £1500.

£500-1500, depending on who does it, and size of fascia/soffit.

FK's. £3000-5000?

alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Speak to your local trading standards and see if they have a list of "trade safe" companies. Else ask for lots of quotes and see if people you know have recommendations.

Reply to
mogga

B&Q have a free design service, which will price up everything. Just halve their fitting charge to get nearer to what a local man would charge..

mark

Reply to
mark

This is not my experience, unless they fitting prices have gone up recently

tim

Reply to
tim....

Good advice.

Known as 'Fair Trader' in this neck of the woods :-)

Vetted by Trading Standards every year, have to carry £2 million PLI, be CRB checked, have a written complaints proceedure, a written quotation system, any complaints recorded & investigated, keep proper records etc.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman