Hey, Adrian in Cork

There's something on Mooney on RTE Radio 1 this afternoon about the revival of the Cork-Swansea ferry. If you miss it, it will probably be available for download from

Grimly Curmudgeon

Thanks for the 'heads up'....

Things have moved on a bit since the last time I wittered about the Ferry in this group.

As you're probably aware, Christmas came early (25th September) in the shape of a lovely cruiseferry, the MV Julia. She's currently berthed in the centre of Cork City, and shortly to be heading down the river to Ringaskiddy and then on to dry-dock before starting the Cork - Swansea run on 1st March...

More details at the campaign website

and the new company booking website

Strange, really - the campaign started nearly 2 years ago (April 2008) - the intention being to simply embarrass the heck out of 'somebody' and get this vital service reinstated...

....raising 3 million euros by share subscription and going and buying our own ship wasn't part of the original plan - but it's a grand result !

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

HI Again Grim

Managed to catch the back end of the interview - and chasing the nice people @ RTE to see if we can get an MP3 of it for the website

Thanks Adrian

Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall saying something like:

Buggerit, just as it started I thought about capturing it, but didn't get to the record control in time and there's nothing worse than an incomplete recording.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Never mind - maybe it's archived 'somewhere' on a hard drive @ RTE Towers

(used to be a requirement whehn I was vaguely involved with radio years back - just so's to be able to 'rewind' and see if the DJ really did say 'that'.... )

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall saying something like:

The Mooney prog is usually podcasted/mp3d so should be available perhaps from tomorrow. Although with RTE, who knows.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall saying something like:

I might even try it out next time I want to cross the water.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon