Help needed with tuning Sony Trinintron TV

I have an oldish sony trinitron tv but don't have the remote control. how can i tune the tv. I only have 3 buttons on the tv, one is a selection between scart, tv, volume and the other 2 are + and -. if i press both the + and - together i get ->.

Reply to
lavenders19

Ian Cornish

A model number would be useful.

Reply to
Matt

CPC will be able to provide a replacement remote for it... Failing that the universal ones will work.

You can't tune it from the buttons (althogh you can get it into engineering mode!)

Reply to
John Rumm

oohhh, what does that do! (and how!)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Enables you to fiddle with all sorts of parameters related to each of the major control ICs in the set. Some will be obvious (adjusting default brightness levels, screeen positions etc). Some obvious if you have a good knoweldge of TV systems in general. Most however are pretty much incomprehensible without the relevant service manuals!

Be *very carefull* playing with things in this mode - make sure you write down the current values before changing anything in case you need to go back. You have the power to fiddle it into a non working state with great ease!

Well on my one it is like this:

Turn TV off Open flap at bottom of screen press & hold any 2 buttons there turn TV on 'TT' should appear in large letters release buttons press menu button on remote

Now choose an entry and off you go!

(select DEMO for the self running Demo mode (if yours has one))

Reply to
John Rumm

I found this!

>> (and how!)

I have 6 buttons on my kv-25x1u, but cant seem to get it into service mode :( I managed to get it auto tuning by holding the top left one though!

Reply to
Sparks

a.. Turn the set on and then put into standby b.. Press the On Screen Display button c.. Press the "5" button d.. Press the "VOLUME +" button e.. Press the "TV" button f.. Press the "MENU" button on the remote control to bring up the test screen g.. Use the joystick on the remote control to navigate the service menu (< > ^ v keys BE-3E) h.. Press the right joystick to enter the selected adjustment i.. Turn off the power to store and exit the service mode

Reply to
Sparks