Help! Need to adjust UPVC front door

Help! :-)
Stupidly tried to adjust my PVC-U front door and now can't shut it and lock it. A contingency plan is in place for overnight, but I was just try to adjust it as it seemed to be catching in the hot weather and I guessed it expanded slightly. Now, stupidly I have played with all the settings and can't get it to shut with out removing one of the frame lock plates.
How do the hinge side allen keys work? I have three hinges - presumably the botton allen key holes move it up and down. There are then three allen key holes facing each hinge - presumably lateral movement? Which way turns to do what?
I can get the door shut in the frame but the mechanism won't lock. Is there a buikders way of systematically adjusting it all to get it to a proper fit again. At the moment it seems to be out in up and down movement and too far over to the frame at the top.
(Look, I've said I was stupid at least twice!)

Look here http://www.thewindowman.co.uk/toe_heel.htm