Heated Towel Rails

Hi all
I have just been looking at range of heated Towel Rails available. I want a chrome finish or maybe a stainless steel one to add to my central heating setup.
There is a great variation in price for the chrome rails. I was quoted 430.00 from a local bathroom shop, where the assistant told me that the chrome tends to chip off the cheaper models; hence the steep price. Has anybody got any experience of this ? I have read some old postings where people have had chipping problems with ScrewFix towel rails.
Does anybody have any comments (good or bad) to make on the TLC stainless steel heated towel rail ?
Any other supplier suggestions welcome.
Thanks for any info.
Con.
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:22:52 +0100, "Con Boylan"

We bought an expensice Myson towel rail (350 IIRC, on account from plumbcenter). The chrome flaked off the foot of this within a month. It was replaced without quibble and has been fine since.
In other words, expensive does not always mean 100% fault free!
With hindsight, we needn't have bothered with such an expensive one (we liked it's looks) as it spends its life covered in towels....funny that ;-)
Tim Hardisty. Remove HAT before replying

What a good point! Never thought of that. Thanks for sharing. Suzanne

Ouch!

I made mine myself from Heat-fusion welded PVC (HDPE?) pipes, works a treat and cost at most $30-40 (sorry, no pound sign on my keyboard!).
Hope to put the details on a web page ASAP but laziness intervened!
(maybe mine wouldn't pass whatever regulation covers such things in the UK, but here there aren't such strict regulations - OK I know regulations are to protect people but they can be too restrictive...)
Could one be made from press-fit pipes?
In uk.d-i-y, Tim Hardisty wrote:

I think that's a cheap Myson towel rail. The one we're looking at is over 1200.
--
Mike Barnes

Mike Barnes wrote:

I'd ay that's the right thing to do. Look at it. JUST look at it.
Con Boylan wrote:

Fitted a 100 Screwfix chrome towel rail about three weeks ago. No problems so far.
I think it's made by `Altria', if that helps.
Ben.
Con Boylan wrote:

The chrome has rusted and flaked off our bathroom accessories (toothbrush holder, wall shelves, toilet roll holder etc) in under 2 years. So it can happen....
If I still had the receipt I would go back and argue they are not fit for purpose. You would expect products made for a damp environment like a bathroom not to rust in under 2 years....