Grout Finger!

I have just finished tiling my En-Suite and have suffered what I call Grout Finger. This is when the skin on the ends of my index and middle finger being worn away while grouting. The part of the grouting I have trouble with is areas such as around the window frame and where the tiles meet the ceiling. Does anybody have any tips or advice on how to do these areas painlessly as using the squeege or sponge doesn't get the grout 'right into the crack'. I have tried rubber and latex gloves but these wear out very quickly and I'm back to square one. Any full time tilers out ther that could pass on any tips?
TIA
John

Grout
into
Wickes sell a shaped, rubber doobrie [1] for smoothing silicon that might work.
Si
[1] Technical term
message

the
very
I normally use a pencil with the eraser on the end. The rubber is brilliant at getting a nice shape on the grout.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

brilliant
There you go - same sort of thing, a tenth of the price.
Smartypants :o)
Si
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:14:55 +0100, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"

Yeah, but it's not a doobrie, is it? ;-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
John wrote:

Plasplugs do a set of grout smoothers for different grout widths...
However, after watching a couple of real tiling pros I generally don't smooth the grout but use the diagonal sponge wiping method, its so quick. If I do smooth I wear latex gloves because I don't want fingerprint lines in the grout. I apply the grout and squeeze/shape-it into awkward places with old credit card or similar. I don't use ready mixed grout, its a waste of time. The cement based powder is so much more workable.

That leaves 8 more digits - yes it's abrasive stuff, bit I always just grin and bear it
You could always try the Kung fu trick
--
geoff

writes

Grout
the
into
Is that the one were you say "What Kung Fu that at me" ?
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

No it's where they say " that fu kung sand's hot"
--
geoff