Gluing Kingspan

I need to insulate the inside door for the cupboard where the CU is. It's an old window cavity in a 750mm thick stone wall and is fully ventilated from the under floor.

The door is just ply so it is just a case a cutting the Kingspan to fit and then 'gluing' on - Which glue please ? My thinking is one of the 'Sticks-Like-Shit' varieties.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

On Tuesday 26 November 2013 16:25 robgraham wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Pretty much anything.

Sticks like **** types or a PU foam will both work.

Evostik will work too.

Even Copydex might.

I'd go with your choice!

Reply to
Tim Watts

You need to make sure all the edges are well sealed or it is time wasted. I use the canned aerosol foam. You need to hold the insulation in position 'til the canned foam goes off.

Reply to
harryagain

I stuck it to the back of the loft hatches with silicon bathroom sealant, since that;s what I had to hand at the time. Works fine.

Reply to
Huge