Glue capable of filling gap

Hi,

I need to place a carpet gripper rod (thin piece of wood) over wood and some 3 feet of uneven concrete. On the wood it can be nailed no problem. On the concrete...

- I could skim it to bring it flush with the wood (as it is 2-3mm deeper) but I don't think I will get a hard enough finish to then glue the gripper onto the cement. (... and the new carpet is down so little chance of going for this option).

- screwing wood in the concrete is not much of an option

- Use gap filling glue, will it do the job? e.g. gripfill from toolstation as I have to get something else from them

you Charles

Reply to
Charles C

Make sure you don't get the solvent-free. The solvent one will set quicker. Also, I think carpet fitters use some super-fast setting glue for carpet grippers on concrete. Someone else may be able to let us know what they use ... Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

them

>>> Thank you

Seconded about the solvent based being best (as in nearly all similar products) but also make sure the concrete surface is sound, dry and dust free. The thick the gap you are filling the longer you need to get to full hardness. Test some of the adhesive that will inevitably squeeze out and dont lay the carpet until it has gone hard otherwise when you tension the carpet I can see the gripper coming unstuck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I don't know if this is relevant to this problem, but I had a similar problem bonding a gripper strip to asphalt and the only thing that held was Stixall. Perhaps others with more experience...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Reply to