glazing standards body

Where can I find out about standards of materials in double glazing? I recently had a large window fitted (about 1.2m x 1.2m) and I'm concerned I can see stress lines (the rainbow-like patterns) in it when I look from a certain angle and that it hasn't been made with the correct quality glass. How can I find out for sure?

tia

Antony

Reply to
Antony

It's made of toughened glass and *SHOULD* have a British Standards number engraved into it when it was made. This is usually in one corner (but could be either on the inside or outside). The Glass and Glazing Federation

is the trade body.

Reply to
Paul King

Check out the article about "Brewsters Fringe" at the following link

stop worrying.

ps: 1.2 x 1.2 is a SMALL window not a large one.

Reply to
Ziggur

In message , Ziggur writes

Well, it's all relative I guess, but I don't think that 4 foot square is a small window for a house

Reply to
chris French

Like 4 feet tall is a short American or a tall Pygmy?

1.2sq m. is a moderate kitchen window in England (or a shop-front in Armley).
Reply to
Ziggur