Gas oven not lighting

A conventional gas cooker was removed and replaced for cleaning, but now the oven cannot be lit - no gas from the burner when activating the control knob.

All hob rings and grill work ok. The cooker uses spark ignition. Is there some sort of pilot light safety cut out that has shut off the burner valve?

What needs to be done to get the oven to light?

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

Supplying us a make and model might be a good idea!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

I'll have to come back with this problem another day as I'm in another location and no reliable information will be available until later.

The only certain thing is the model: 'New World' It has an electric time clock and control for the oven.

Is the electric connected?....no idea, and can't check from here, but the spark ignition works - though that could run off batteries I suppose.

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

Another silly suggestion, assuming electric connected, the oven control is on "manual" isn't it?

Reply to
Bob Mannix

You havn't fillled the burner and associated supply pipework with water during the cleaning, have you?

Reply to
Ron Lowe

You may have to set the time clock to allow the oven to light. is the clock flashing? on mine you have to push cook period and minute minder together plus the + or - for the oven to work.

Dave

Reply to
dave

Thanks for the ideas.

The clock is not flashing but what you describe is no doubt the cause of the trouble. I'll try your suggestion when I get round there.

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

Your suggestion did the trick. Pushing in one of the timer knobs, 'push for manual' restored normal operation.

(The owner was still confident the knobs hadn't been touched when moving for cleaning)

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R