Gas Fire Spare/Parts

My son managed to shove a cd case into our gas fire while it was on. This has resulted in:
a) a horrible mess. b) melted plastic which is now dried solid. I've managed to remove this now but managed to burn myself while doing so! c) a cracked centre *and this is where I get stuck* part. I'm not sure what this part is called so I haven't been able to do a search on google. Basically most of the "old" type gas fires have these. They consist of three parts which are normally light/white and are usually discoloured yellow-ish due to some problem! It is where the flame goes through.
The gas fire must be over 7 years old so I don't expect to be able to find the exact model's part but something similar will suffice until my son grows up and stops trying to wreck my house! The I'll get a decent gas fire.
Does anyone know where I can get spare parts? Are they "standard" size..etc. I'm not sure whether I can just walk into B&Q and pick them up? Any help would be much appreciated as the gas fire will remain switched off until I can get a part.
PS Kids aye.... gotta love em!

now
what
three
yellow-ish
grows
size..etc.
The parts won't be standard, and certainlynot available in B&Q.
There should be a plate on the gas fire, possibly only visible when you remove the outer case, which has the manufacturer's name, the model number and various other info including a Gas Council (GC) number, which together should help you get a replacement thingy (sorry, can't think whet it's called myself at the mo)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Which Tyler: leader of the pedants' revolt.

This
find
-+
Cheers for your help.

replacement thingy

"RADIANT"
mike r

Long time since I've used them, but Gas Appliance Spares of Preston always fixed me up
412-414 Watling Street Road Ribbleton Preston, Lancashire PR2 6UA Phone: 01772702755
(Taken off Preston Business Directory)