Garden Tubs Question ( possyOT)

Hi-All you gardeners out there and others with gardens . I had a discussion with a friend recently about the use of those fancy glazed plant pots that you see in garden centres . I had always thought that they were used for holding plants which were already in plastic pots to make them look nicer but she thought that they were used as actual plant pots with the plants being potted directly in to the glazed pots . Ive never looked very closely at the glazed ones to see if they had drainage holes but I suppose either way they would need them to allow the water to escape. Stuart s

Reply to
Stuart

A proper planter is meant to take the soil and has all the drainage holes and things. But a decorative pot is normally used to hold a small amount water in the bottom and stop it going all over the floor or patio. So it depends on which you need to buy.

Reply to
BigWallop