Garage door opener query

Readers who stayed awake will be aware that I successfully fitted a Chamberlain garage door opener last week. All working fine, very pleased with the result.

I wondered whether anyone has any suggestions with regard to the noise the thing generates as it is opening/closing the door? I'm sure there is no problem with gearing etc. But I suspect the garage door is being used as a sound board and amplifying the minor vibrations that must take place as the door moves.

Not outrageously noisy, but if I opened the door at 2am I'd probably wince a little in case I was waking a neighbour up.... ;)

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

There is a vibration reducing fixing kit available,threaded bolt each end wirh a rubber bush in the middle.You should have purchased a henderson duo much better technology no moving chain and a real smart remote.

Reply to
Alex

I recently gained an electric garage door with a recent purchase. Like many other things in the house, the noise was greatly reduced by generous lubrication of all moving parts.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
<nightjar>

  1. the door frame was moving a bit - fixed that with filler foam.
  2. Metal bits of door were rattling - fixed those with silicone sealant on the inside. Mine is nearer next door's bedroom than mine and they say its now much better and preferable to someone getting in/out of car esp. late at night to open door
Reply to
BillR