Garage door opener for side hung doors.

Hi,

looking for garage door openers for side hung doors.

At the moment I can only find garage door openers for 'up and over' and roller doors.

The garage inquestion has very high doors - high enough to admit a caravan.

I can find side openers for gates (rare to have an 'up and over' front gate :-) ) but these don't seem to have the additional safety and locking features you would need for a garage door.

I know you can get high and wide automatic roller doors for industrial units but this seems a bit OTT for a humble domestic garage.

The aim is to set the garage up so Mum-in-law can have her electric scooter in there - it is not practical to have it in the house.

I am Googling away but in the meantime I wondered if anyone had already solved this problem.

TIA Dave R

-- Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

the opener is the same as for up and over ,with a conversion side door kit,basically to long bars forming a large V shaped tow arm,and the opener used in reverse, ie the towing bracket would be in the up and over closed position but your doors would in effect be open.

the duo unit is exceptional for this

Reply to
Alex

get a roller shutter, easy to fit, pretty secure as standard, remote control, everything you need. I have bought from Ambasadoor, up north, but they do deliver and or install.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks - looks good. I guess I should be looking for 'barn door' via Google.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts