Garage door insulation (again!)

Brought this topic up recently, can't find the original article now :(
Not sure if Screwfix have added some new insulation products to their catalogue, but I'm sure I checked them before. Anyhow, just checked again and I assume products like this one must be celotex or similar:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?idv418&tsQ006
If so that looks a tad expensive to do the inside of my steel garage doors.
However they do another product which seems a bit friendlier on the price front:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id !112&tsQ761
They reckon it has an equivalence to 50mm of polystyrene. And for sure it ought to be fairly easy to install on the back of the garage door.
Anyone got any experience of this product?
PoP
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:10:50 +0100, PoP

Just a touch :-)

For reference, 50mm polystyrene, according to Jablite's data sheet has a U value of about 0.77 W/m^2.K
50mm polyisocyanurate foam has about 0.45 W/m^2.K
Cost of the Screwfix stuff is 3.73/sqm.
I've bought Celotex at 15 per 2440*1220 sheet before now. 3sqm thus works out to 5/sqm.
If you multiply by the U values you get
Screwfix stuff 0.77 x 3.73 = 2.87
Celotex 0.45 x 5 = 2.25
I didn't look at 50mm Jablite prices but probably cheaper.
I don't know how you'd stick the Screwfix stuff on - double sided tape maybe?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

you should be able to pick up celotex 25mm or so double foil (not ply backed) for somewhere around 17-25 for a 1220x2440 sheet at your local builder/timber merchant. YMMV
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:44:01 +0100, David Hemmings

You can get 50mm for the low end of that range if you are a good negotiator :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Yep, i meant to put 25/50 mm :)
I need to hunt around some more to find a good price for 100mm with ply backing, my supplier is very expensive which means the cost gets passed along. I think it is quite funny that the suits who decided that 100mm is the new 75mm insulation didn't check to see if slab nails could be made 5-6" long. Several reps have told me that no fabrication plant can yet make these, and to make 4" slab nails they had to tweak the existing machines that made 3" nails. The getaround we have come up with so far is either 6" wires with small roofing washers, or thin gauge 5-6" screws with mudguard washers.
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 08:04:04 +0100, David Hemmings

It's easy enough to create ply backed material with Celotex, ply and some Gripfill :-)