Games console wiring

So part of the small extension I am working on has a space for two TVs for the kids and is for games console playing.

The TV will be wall mounted and cables are to be hidden in the wall between the TV and the consoles.

Any suggestions?

So far I have a 2 x HDMI leads between the TVs and the consoles , a CAT

6 between the two consoles and a CAT 6 from each console to the router.

There is also a CAT6 and a CT100 behind each TV up to the loft distribution center.

Anything missing?

Reply to
ARW

Perhaps several CT100 (3?) for each TV in case they are ever connected to a cable/satellite box?

Reply to
JoeJoe

Optical for audio? Do the consoles output dolby 5.1 decoded so needing 6 channels of audio cable each? Connections for the conneticks(sp?) sensors? USB for cameras, etc. to the consoles.

Reply to
dennis

In message , ARW writes

Based on my 15 year old's usage and 'needs', I would suggest trunking that allows new or additional leads to be threaded through fairly easily. 4 inch waste pipe would be good :-)

It really depends on the age of the children, and how likely they are to want to 'upgrade' over time. Son sits there with three monitors running using cables I've never heard of - my only function is fund provider. DVI-D, DP, HDMI etc. Then his friends arrive. Cables everywhere, connecting tablets, laptops and more to TVs, monitors, X Boxes, Playstations and numerous combinations thereof.

Reply to
Graeme

Phone/Doorbell/Intercom link to the kitchen. Remote control release for the front door lock. Dustbin almost full sensor feedback.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Flashing light to tell them when tea is ready

Floor sockets for the vibrating gaming chairs

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Chase conduit(s) into the wall so wiring can be altered if necessary.

Reply to
harry